Thursday, April 30, 2009

The weight loss Lime soup!

I have been asked by many for our Lime soup recipe so here you go for all the people out there that came to Lime had it, loved it and miss it!
Many know about our Lime challenge with regards to the weight loss, well this dish is part of my staple diet right now as it is filling and nutritious and once you have made a batch of it lasts for quiet a while in the fridge so here you go pay attention.

You can put in whichever vegetables you like, our dish has carrots, zucchini, potatoes, cilantro and of course limes and chicken.

Depending on how many you are making this for you can work out the quantities, I used 2 packets of boneless chicken breast and cut into cubes.

This is the secret recipe from our chef Karen, so secret I can't read the damn thing!

Once the chicken is cubed you season it with salt and pepper and chicken bouillon

Chop up your zucchini

Then your carrotts

The your potatoes

You part boil your veg all together

In another pan you mix the chicken with the cilantro and lime juice then add it all together to simmer away.
Serve with either white rice or like I did a wholemeal pitta bread to dip.

This is a great dish to have ready in the fridge to heat in the microwave for a speedy filling meal. I have had mine in the fridge a week now and it is still good to go. So cook away my friends and see the weight fall off you! Cheers and ttfn from sunny San Pedro, Belize.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds great! I will have to try this. Probably not taste the same as your soup (that old, limes in BZ are better than those is the US or Canada thing).
Just one question, how many limes and I assume you only use the juice.
Gail

Boydies Belize Blog said...

I used 6 limes for this dish which makes it quite strong tasting but I like it that way, let me know how yours turns out cheers for now.